Can we actually avoid stretch marks on that growing bump and hump?
The answer may lay more than we think in our good old genes.. but good daily skincare and a healthy steady weight gain and subsequent lost can definitively help! Plus, spending time on caring for yourself during pregnancy is always welcome!
I am lucky to have no stretchies left after my first pregnancy and birth, but, again, the magic could come from some far inherited genes (NOT my mum)? In any case, I did do my best to avoid or minimize them, and I will repeat the winning ritual also during this pregnancy..
- No matter what you use, do hydrate and massage your skin every day, focusing on breast, belly, popo (German for behind) and tighs
- Take weekly long relaxing baths and use a gentle peeling for your body
- Hydrate also the old-school way: 2 liters of water daily sisters
- Avoid over-indulging (ok on indulging though 🙂 with sweets and also not going to hard on yummy fatty stuff (burger, Döner and the kind)
- I do have a list of products I could swear by, but you need to try out more and see what feels best (I did try almost every bump cream out there, till I decided to stick to these)
- Mustela belly lotion (I get 2-3 tubes when I am in France on holidays or work and they last through whole pregnancy and the time after birth). Not sure if available in Germany.. but it’s out there online to buy
- Boob Tube 😉 breast cream from Mio Skincare (the whole pregnancy line is great: I used the eye cream, hydrating face cream and face wash gel – the line is call Mama Mio and it’s totally safe for the little one in your belly too). Not available everywhere in Germany, so I got it online
- Natural / essential body oil all day every day (got one from Belly Button, available everywhere in Germany, but also online)
After my first birth, I went on a spa weekend to do some body hydration and care treatments. But will definitely try something at home this time, as I have a feeling that spa weekends with 2 small babies will be hard to organize.. I heard about the Sepai body treatment, so I will give it a try and let you know..
Take care of you, ladies!